We are so excited to be participating in the Release Week Event for Emeralds by K.A. Linde. Take a sneak peek into the book below and make sure to enter the giveaway for a chance to win a signed set of the entire series (Diamonds, Gold and Emeralds)!
Walking away from him was easy.
The first time at least.
Then he shows up late one night at Trihn’s ballet company, and all bets are off. Trihn knows that she should be careful. But when it comes to Preston Whitehall, she throws all her carefully constructed reasons for not dating out the window.
He’s cunning, charming, and hot as sin. And he knows exactly how to use those qualities to get what he wants. Soon, Trihn is dragged deeper and deeper into his rapidly intensifying whirlwind.
But where a storm is brewing…destruction and devastation follow.
Find out how Trihn goes from prodigy to party girl in this sexy full-length prequel to Platinum in the USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde's All That Glitters series.
Emeralds is probably, no most definitely, my favorite of this series so far. In the beginning, I was a little worried that the Linde, I know and love was not writing this book, but in true angsty queen fashion, she brings the angst when you are NOT expecting it. And now I can NOT wait for Platinum.
This novella is about Trihn, it can definitely be read as a standalone because it takes place before Trihn and Bryna meet. Trihn is reserved, and has never been serious about anyone. That is until Preston enters the picture. It seems that they both are completely head over heels for each other, but nothing is ever as it seems, is it. Everything is all butterflies and rainbows, and then the angst that Linde unleashes is heart clenching.
If you love KA Linde, then you will love this story. Just pick it up, I promise you will not be disappointed.
Five Fun Facts About Emeralds
- Emeralds is primarily set in New York City. I went there for a weekend to do research for this book, and all of the places they go to (even if not specifically named) are real!
- Trihn is a ballerina at a dance studio in the city. Name changed from what it is in real life, but based off of the New York City ballet.
- I danced all forms of dance growing up and recently took up pole dancing. These are all centered around Trihn as she is a very accomplished dancer. All the moves she does in ballet or otherwise are real choreographed steps!
- This is the first book I've ever written in romance where the main character has an older sister.
- Trihn is basically the polar opposite of Bryna, the main character from Diamonds and Gold. She was really fun and difficult to write, because she is incredibly nuanced and has a personality that compartmentalizes her feelings and relationships depending on who she is with. I think that's why Bryna and Trihn work as friends. Bryna holds Trihn up, and Trihn holds Bryna back. You'll get to know Trihn so much more in this book and come to love her!
USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde has written the Avoiding series and the Record series as well as the new adult novels Following Me and Take Me for Granted. She grew up as a military brat traveling the United States and Australia. While studying political science and philosophy at the University of Georgia, she founded the Georgia Dance Team, which she still coaches. Post-graduation, she served as the campus campaign director for the 2012 presidential campaign at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. An avid traveler, reader, and bargain hunter, K.A. lives in Athens, Georgia, with her husband and two puppies, Riker and Lucy.
♥READ THE SERIES♥
*Gold is on SALE for a week for $.99!*